Sign-up for Make Music Day 2018 close June 20! CLICK HERE
Make Music Davis isn’t limited to professional musicians, anyone can participate.
Not a musician?
- Try making music on bucket drums with leader from the UC Davis marching band and donated Vic Firth drumsticks and Davis Ace buckets (11a-1p).
- Join the Sing and Strum along at Manetti Shrem Museum Patio (11:45a-1:15p)
- Go to Armadillo Music at 5:15p and receive a FREE Hohner harmonica and intro lesson.
- Play musical trivia at Woodstock Pizza with musical prizes (9p).
- Check out the map and go see some of the local talent!
Play (some) music?
Singers, church choirs, jazz combos, rock bands, glee clubs, marching bands, mariachis, and every other kind of musician, of any age group or skill level, are all welcome.
- Join the all day musician meet-up at the UC Davis Arboretum, Wyatt Deck
- Make music on bucket drums with leader from the UC Davis marching band and donated Vic Firth drumsticks and Davis Ace buckets (11a-1p).
- Meet at the Manetti Shrem Museum Patio for the Sing and Strum along at (11:45a-1:15p)
- Join the C St. Ukulele Band at Davis Community Church for a strum along with free songbooks from Alfred (1p-2p)
- It doesn’t have to be pretty, just make some music along with people all over the world.
- Find a Venue or make a Venue and put yourself on the map with a public show.
- Check out the map and go see some local talent.
It’s easy to get involved!
Your participation can vary from practicing your guitar on your front porch, or playing publicly with your group or with others.
Click here to access the musical “match-making” service for Davis, CA and UC Davis campus and follow these instructions:
Performers: Create your profile by submitting a photo, description of your act, and any relevant website/social media links. City parks and public pianos are part of the celebration. Find a venue and time that you would like to play and submit a request. The venue will confirm your request, and you’re good to go.
Venues: Create a profile by submitting your location information, a description of the space, and times you are willing to host music. Peruse the musician profiles to request a performance, or welcome musicians to bid on your space independently. Confirm the connection and make sure your space is ready to go on June 21st. Note: your Venue will not show on the map if you do not have a confirmed performance. So, even if it is an open jam session on your front lawn, please enter that as a performance to help others find you.